Wednesday 27 June 2012

Back to reality

Well, here I am, back in wintery Western Australia.  Not that it was much better in France. Did you ever see that movie 'National Lampoon's European Vacation'?  There may have been some similarity.
While we were away we had a big storm in our area.  My trip down to the grove today was partly to check for storm damage, and partly to bottle some oil for the market on Sunday. On the whole I think we got off lightly.  The sheds and house are all intact.  Some trees have lost branches and one small eucalypt was torn completely out of the ground.  About 12 olives have been blown over, flat to the soil, but still have half their roots in the ground.  I have found in the past that if you cut all the heavy top growth off and prop them up they will re establish.  I'll put up some pictures to show you .  There is still fruit on the Koroneiki ( I thought it may have all blown off)  so I will call the contract harvester tomorrow and see if he can do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment